Energy Code Toolkit
Below you will find energy code checklists, forms, and guidebooks to improve your knowledge and ensure compliance within the state of Pennsylvania.
- Newsletter #29 – High Performance Insulation Training April 12-13 3-22-17
- Newsletter #30 – Penn Energy Codes: Installation Insulation Fact Sheet 4-12-17
- Newsletter #31 – Penn Energy Codes: Occupant Health Benefits of Energy Efficiency Revealed 5-3-17
- Newsletter #32 – New Residential and Commercial Energy Code Training Announced by PCCA – 5-15-17
- Newsletter #33 – Penn Energy Codes: Field Study Report Published – 6/1/17
Recent webinar: New Tools for Quick Residential Energy Code Enforcement
Email Brandon at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an archived webinar recording or slide deck.
- Pennsylvania Residential Energy Code Field Study: How Are We Doing?
- Using the E-CODE Assistant: An iPad-Based Energy Code Checklist and Educational Tool
- Builders, Code Officials, and Home Energy Raters Working Together
- Understanding Blower Door Testing and Documenting Results
- Understanding Duct Leakage Testing and Documenting Results
- Flaws and Fudging HVAC Equipment Sizing Calculations
- Insulation Installation – A Tongue Twister and Construction Kicker
- Understanding REScheck and the Simulated Performance Alternative
- Energy Code Plan Reviews and Bullet Proof Submittals
- Important (But Commonly Missed) Air Barrier Details
- Going Beyond Code – Above Code Programs and The Future of Energy Efficient Housing
The IECC and Energy Code Resource Guides
- You don’t have to take our word for it, learn about the energy code straight from the horse’s mouth.
- 2009 IECC-based field guides with side-by-side images of correct and incorrect installations for each phase of construction.
- A step-by-step guide for reviewing a RESCheck compliance certificate
- Residential energy code compliance guide for code officials, an air leakage guide, and other resources
- Prove your homes are efficient with the Home Energy Rating System (HERS)
- Watch videos that cover the IECC’s Air Barrier and Insulation Criteria featuring the Penn Energy Codes Program Manager from his time with the PHRC at Penn State with support from the PA Department of Environmental Protection and Pennsylvania Construction Codes Academy.
- Critical details and tech tips for installation insulation for optimal performance and code compliance. Photographs, videos, and articles from the North American Insulation Manufacturer’s Association (NAIMA).
- Sales tools, CAD, files, image gallery, case studies, videos, and publications.
- Air barrier, air sealing, and insulation construction details.
- Section R202 only to the extent that this section contains the definition of ”insulated siding”
- Section R402.2.4 (relating to access hatches and doors)
- Section R402.2.8 (relating to floors)
- Table R402.4.1.1 only to the extent the row for ”floors” was amended
- Section 402.1.3 (relating to r-value computation)
- PCCA hosts Residential Energy Code Academy programs each year geared toward code officials seeking to obtain their energy code certifications or anyone who wants to learn more about the energy codes. Check out their website for upcoming programs.
- Visit the PA Department of Labor and Industry’s UCC website for information on UCC regulations and statutes, adopted code, listings of certified code officials, third party agencies, continuing education providers, and other information.